The ACAP Psychology Clinic is currently recruiting participants for all groups.
REACH (Responsibility- Education- Acceptance- Connection- Hope) is a nine-week psycho-educational support group program for individuals with a mood disorder, run by qualified Black Dog Institute trained Facilitators.
Participants and Group Membership
REACH is suitable for individuals over 18, who have lived with a diagnosis of depression or bipolar disorder for at least one year. Eligible participants will also need to demonstrate:
- Capacity to participate in a group setting
- Commitment to attend 9 weekly sessions
- Acceptance of their illness
- Motivation to implement 'wellbeing' strategies
- Fostering strengths,
- Dealing with loss & grief,
- Identifying early warning signs & triggers,
- Nurturing wellbeing & support networks,
- Creating a unique 'Wellbeing Plan'.
Schedule and Location
The group runs for 9 consecutive weeks, for 2 hours each week at the ACAP Psychology Clinic, a not-for-profit psychology training clinic located above Wynyard station in the Sydney CBD.
Costs to participants
There is an enrolment fee of $40 covering the participant workbook, materials and refreshments payable at the time of enrolment. Group sessions are free of charge.
The R.E.A.C.H will be evaluated through individual clinical interviews; self-report questionnaires; feedback on the group content and presentation.
Click here to return to the ACAP Psychology Clinic.