Vision and Mission
By 2020 ACAP will be recognised and trusted as a leading tertiary education institution in applied psychology and related fields throughout Australia and the region.
ACAP aims to:
- Improve professional practice through the promotion of critical reflection, freedom of inquiry, academic excellence, research and a culture of scholarship.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and ethics and contribute to the community with a sense of integrity, equity and social justice.
- Create an environment that empowers and supports the personal and professional development of staff, students and associates of the College.
- Foster a learning environment that is engaging, challenging, flexible, rewarding and encourages lifelong learning.
- Meet the needs of employers, professional bodies and the community through graduating students who are work ready.
- Provide returns to shareholders aligned with the expectations of being a commercial enterprise.
Established over 30 years ago, the Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) is a leader in applied psychology education. ACAP offers specialist courses in counselling, psychology, coaching, social science, social work and case management and has over 5,500 students studying on-campus or by online delivery. We are a registered higher education provider (HEP) and a nationally registered training organisation (RTO). Our Psychology degrees are accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) and our higher education counselling degrees are accredited by the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). ACAP’s Social Work courses have been provisionally accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), the body that sets the benchmarks for professional education and practice in social work. Find out more.