School Manager ACAP School of Psychological Sciences, Full time, ongoing, Sydney
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, English language training and settlement services, creative media education, workforce education and student recruitment.
Navitas, or PIBT as it was then, was founded in 1994 with the goal of helping more international students succeed at university in Australia via improved student support and an extended academic year. Since this time Navitas has significantly expanded the services it offers its students and clients and is now creating opportunities through lifelong learning for over 83,000 people in 23 countries per year.
The Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) is a Higher Education Institution and Registered Training Organisation within Navitas Professional that provides courses in counselling, psychology, people management, community services, coaching and human resources and has been in operation for over 28 years. We are proud of our students and graduates and excited about the future. The College delivers vocational and higher education programs to local and international students. Our campuses are located in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide. The School of Psychological Sciences was established at ACAP in 2009 and offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in psychology.
Introduction to the role
The School Manager is responsible for providing administrative support to the Head and other academic staff, supervising administrative staff and ensuring all administrative requirements within the School are met in an efficient and effective manner. The School Manager is also expected to liaise with other staff in the College. This position reports to the Head of School, School of Psychological Sciences.
Essential Skills & Experience
- An undergraduate higher education qualification
- Administrative experience associated with student and academic administration in the higher education sector, including demonstrated ability to develop and implement processes to effectively manage administrative activities associated with the delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Demonstrated experience in effective supervision of staff
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of an academic and general staff team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with staff and students
- Excellent computer literacy, including demonstrated ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and record keeping software and to develop expertise with new software
- Demonstrated attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- High level of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrated capacity to manage financial and other resources
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety policies of relevance to the work environment
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise and willingness to be flexible
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
- A higher education qualification in psychology
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a National Police Check and/or a Working with Children Check. Only people who are eligible to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Enquiries can be directed to Professor Lynne Harris, School of Psychological Sciences, Australian College of Applied Psychology, phone (02) 9964 6321, email email@example.com. Applications, including a resume and a letter addressing the selection criteria, must be submitted via the following web link www.acap.expr3ss.com