Governance and Structure
The governance framework for the Navitas Professional Institute Pty Ltd (NPI) trading as Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) is set out below:
The College Council
The College Council is empowered by Navitas Professional Institute (NPI) Board delegation as the effective governing body of the Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP). The College Council has overall responsibility for the institution’s funding, strategic direction and governance.
The Academic Board is empowered by NPI Board delegation to oversee the academic pursuits of ACAP.
There is an important separation of powers between College Council and Academic Board. Whilst the Academic Board reports to the College Council, Academic Board has been created by NPI Board delegation. Accordingly, Academic Board is independent of College Council with regard to academic matters.
Four standing committees inform the Academic Board. They are:
- Learning and Teaching Committee (LTC).
The LTC has the following standing committees
- Educator Advisory Committees
- Student Advisory Committees
- Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC)
- Research and Scholarship Committee
- Board of Examiners (BoE).
The Academic Board also has a number of non-standing committees, including Course Advisory Committees.
For further information on the College Council, Academic Board and their standing committees, please refer to the Governance Framework.
For further information on the governance of ACAP, please contact:
Quality and Accreditation
P: +61 (02) 9964 6391
The NPI Executive Committee is responsible for the efficient conduct of ACAP’s business and is the primary operational decision making body of the College. The Executive Committee oversees: ACAP’s operations, directs ACAP in the implementation of its long range Strategic Plan and reviews the implementation of its one year Operational Plan on a quarterly basis.
The NPI Executive Committee is:
- Chief Operating Officer, Mr Richard Arkell
- Principal & Executive General Manager, Ms Kathryn Joseph
- Dean Academic, Dr Scott Dickson
- Commercial Director, Mr David Nothard
- Registrar, Ms Celina Baude
- Head of VET, Ms Catherine Tracey
- Dean Development & Partnerships, Prof Chris Pratt
- Head of Health, Dr Nicholas Voudouris
- Senior Manager, Educational Technology Support, Mr Andrew Cram
- Marketing Director, Ms Amanda McKenzie
- Human Resources Business Partner, Ms Miriam Krohn