VET Diploma Level Subject
This subject is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to undertake a structured approach to evaluate your own work, and to undertake continuing self-development and effective supervision within an ethical code of practice. The skills and knowledge developed in this subject are intended to be applied in a variety of community service contexts.
The unit of competency CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice contains three elements or learning outcomes. You will learn to:
- Reflect upon own practice
- Enhance own practice
- Facilitate ongoing professional development
- Legal and ethical considerations for reviewing and improving own practice
- Models and processes of professional reflection
- Professional development opportunities
- Setting professional goals
- Methods and practices to improve performance
- Types of learning styles
Subject Duration and Workload
This subject involves a total of 132 hours per term of study including course work component, teacher contact, research and related study activities, translating to approximately 11 hours study per week. Students will need to allocate additional time for the completion of assessment activities related to the subject.