VET Diploma Level Module
The Understanding Client Developmental Status module covers one unit of competency – CHCLD415A Confirm client developmental status.
This module is designed to give students detailed information about theories of human lifespan development and factors that impact on a person’s development so that community service workers can confirm the status of clients in preparation for working with them.
Case mangers require an awareness of human development and the stages of lifespan development in order to work effectively with clients at various life stages.
This one unit of competency covers four elements or learning outcomes.
- Apply knowledge of human development
- Check client’s developmental status
- Identify developmental issues
- Check for and respond appropriately to specific issues
- Introduction to human development
- Theories of human development: Psychological, sexual and social
- Theories of human development: Cognitive development
- Theories of human development: Moral and spiritual development
- Recognising variations from normal development
- Indicators of self-harm and abuse
- Working with specialist services
- Gathering and analysing information about a client’s developmental status
- Applying knowledge of human development in case management
- Legislation and mandatory reporting
- Further legal responsibilities relating to developmental issues
- Documenting client information
Module Duration and Workload
This module involves a total of 96 hours per term of study which translates to 8 hours per week for the module. The module has a course work component, teacher contact, research, related study activities, and completion of assessment tasks.