Graduate Diploma of Counselling (GDC12)
The Graduate Diploma of Counselling provides students with a comprehensive foundation in counselling theory and practice, integrated with personal and professional development, to competently and confidently work as a counsellor. This course aims to:
- Provide students with the underpinning knowledge of counselling theory and practice.
- Train students to apply counselling skills and strategies proficiently to work in a variety of contexts and circumstances.
- Create opportunities for students to integrate counselling theory and practice.
- Develop in students a personal and professional awareness of social, legal and ethical issues necessary to operate responsibly in a counselling role.
- Provide students with counselling supervision experience to consolidate the role of supervision in the practise of counselling.
- Clarify the requirements and necessity for ongoing professional development as a counsellor through membership of counselling associations and professional bodies.