Assessment is a broad term and it is used to describe all the assessment that are required to be submitted by a due date. Assessments are completed under non supervised conditions. To achieve a result of Competent for a VET subject, a student must satisfactorily complete all assessments. It is the student’s responsibility to read and follow all instructions for all assessments.
- All written assessments must be submitted in Microsoft Word format. PDF format or hand written assessments will not be accepted.
- All assessments must be named with the following file naming convention prior to uploading them for marking: After selecting ‘save as’, insert your Surname_Assessment Number and Subject Code'. An example of how this should look is: Jones_Assessment 1_CHC0321P_doc.
Audio-visual assessments (e.g. role-play sessions) are required to be submitted online or in hardcopy on DVD. Students must be aware of the following when completing audio-visual assessments:
- Online submission of audio visual assessment is required (for upload instructions click here)
- There are no DVD hardcopy submissions: If you are having difficulty with uploading your DVD, please refer to the User Guide and/or the IT helpdesk.
- All audio-visual assessments need to include a recorded message at the beginning of the video stating your name, student ID ,module name, assessment number and class teachers name
- To protect the privacy of individuals who consent to participate in recorded client sessions, role-plays or interviews that involve the disclosure of private information, the college requires students to seek the informed consent of the client and/or interviewee
- Students are required to engage persons who are 18 years of age or over for the purposes of recorded sessions, role-plays and interviews and must not engage family members for the purposes of these recorded sessions, roles plays and interviews
- Upon completion of the program of study at the college, it is the responsibility of the student to ensure that the recorded role-play or interview is erased or disposed of appropriately
For more help and resources please visit our Learning Support Website