All examinations are held on the Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide campuses, however, if you live in a different city or in a remote area you may apply to sit your examinations at an external venue. To apply to sit your examination in an external venue you must do the following:
- find and contact a suitable venue, for example, a TAFE college or university (further examples are listed below)
- find and contact a suitable exam supervisor who is willing to complete a statutory declaration form and provide identification (some venues will have supervisor’s available)
- complete and return the Application to sit Psychological Science Examination at an External Venue form
Please be aware that approval is not automatic. You must submit the form by 25 November 2016 for Trimester 3 2016 examinations to allow sufficient time for approval, or, if the arrangement proposed cannot be approved, to allow sufficient time for proposing an alternative arrangement.
Once you complete and return the Application to sit Psychological Science Examination at an External Venue form, the College will contact the venue to confirm details and the supervisor to confirm suitability and to ensure the exam process is clear.
Please be aware if you apply to sit your exam at an external venue you must sit the exam on the scheduled date and time which the College has set out.
Suitable venues in your local area include:
- Tertiary institutions including universities, private higher education colleges and TAFEs
- Primary/Secondary schools
- Police stations
Persons deemed suitable to supervise your exam in your local area include:
- Certified practising accountants
- Police officers
- School principals
- University or TAFE exam officers
This person must:
- not be a close friend or relative, or have a vested interest in your studies
- be able to read and understand English
- be available to supervise your exam on the set date, at the specified time
- not leave you unsupervised during the exam
Please note: Arrive well in advance of the exam to allow sufficient time to register. Your student card must be presented displayed on arrival and must be displayed on your examination desk at all times during the exam.
Material allowed to be in the possession of the student
Students are permitted to take into the examination room:
- Writing materials needed to complete the examination such as pens and pencils, ruler and white out
- Water in a clear container
- Any other materials approved for the examination that have been specified in writing prior to the examination