Grievances, Complaints and Appeals
ACAP has developed grievances and appeals policy and procedures to reassure intending and current students, graduates, staff and clients of the College that
- any grievances, complaints and disputes will be taken seriously and handled professionally and in accordance with the College’s Principles of Procedural Fairness in order to achieve a speedy resolution;
- there is a clear and transparent step by step procedure for the resolution of grievances and appeals; and
- the contact details of internal areas and external organisations who may assist in the event of a grievance or an appeal are readily available.
At ACAP grievances and appeals can fall into several categories and different policy and procedures apply to these categories, as follows:
- Assessment Appeals concerning an appeal against a grade awarded for a VET unit of competency or higher education unit assessment item or final module or unit result.
Refer to the information on assessment appeals.
- Academic Grievances and Appeals concerning an academic decision, action or process of the College.
Refer to Academic Grievances, Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure.
- Non-Academic Grievances and Appeals concerning a non-academic decision, action or process of the College.
Refer to Non Academic Grievances, Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure.
- A complaint or an appeal concerning a refund or reimbursement of module or unit tuition fees.
If the matter relates to a refund of an upfront payment made direct to the College refer to the Refund Policy
If the matter relates to a reimbursement of FEE-HELP Assistance refer to the Fee-Help Review and Appeals Procedures.
If you are unsure which policy or procedure relates to the nature of your complaint, grievance or appeal please contact either your Academic Coordinator or the Student Services Team.
Alternatively contact the ACAP Student Centre.
Phone:+1800 809 299 [National Freecall]
Drop-in: Campus Locations