Have a look at the FAQ's below. If you have further Questions email ACAP's Student Learning Support team on firstname.lastname@example.org
How many draft assignments can I submit?
You can submit upto 5 assignments for the term. You are encouraged to apply the general feedback to subsequent assignment tasks.
Can I submit assignments that are not 'Essays'
Yes, the service is suited to all written assignments of a long nature. These do not need to be essays. For example case studies, long answer questions, and reports are also suitable.
What do the different 'topic areas' mean?
- whether you have provided logical arguments pertinent to the question
- whether each main point is supported by evidence or explained fully
- whether your argument moves from one point to another logically
- whether each of the paragraphs clearly pertains to developing the main argument
- whether your introductory paragraph sets out the framework for the writing piece
- whether the introduction defines concepts or the way you will interpret certain concepts or definitions in the writing piece
- whether your introduction provides any necessary background to the topic
- whether the conclusion consolidates the main argument without being just a summary of the main points stated
- whether your overall argument is clear
- whether your overall argument is relevant to the question is the thesis statement for the assignment explained clearly
Grammar & Mechanics
- whether aspects of your grammar require attention eg. the use of tenses, the use of main and subordinate clauses etc.
- whether you have used punctuation appropriately
- whether you have used vocabulary and terms appropriately
- whether the main points are organised in a logical sequence
- whether the paragraphs are sequenced appropriately
Use of resources
- whether the quotations or paraphrases you use are relevant
- whether you have been able to use resources appropriately without inadvertently plagiarising work
- whether you use the referencing system appropriately
- whether you use transition words/terms (eg. however, moreover, nonetheless, in spite of etc.) appropriately to connect ideas
- Sentence structure
- whether each sentence is complete and logical rather than fragmented