Ms Eileen Davis
Eileen has been in education, both secondary and tertiary for over 40 years. She was Director of Studies at ACAP in the 1990s and Academic Director of the Jansen Newman Institute for eight years. She has also been a Registered Psychologist for over twenty years and a Hypnotherapist for over 39 years.
Eileen returned to ACAP in 2009. She is the Academic Head of the Sydney Campus School of Counselling and the Senior Lecturer in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Teaching Scholarship).
Eileen is the former President of the Society for Counselling and Psychotherapy Educators (SCAPE) and has been a member of the SCAPE Executive for over 14 years.
Eileen is the direct academic supervisor of all Sydney Campus and online and blended delivery Teaching Staff and assists, with the academic team, in developing curriculum and writing and/or editing units.
Research & Scholarships
- 2015 “Literature review of the evidence-base for the effectiveness of hypnotherapy”: PACFA, Melbourne.
- 1997 “Accelerated Learning and Hypnotherapy”: Journal for The Australian Society for Clinical Hypnotherapists
- 1992 “Change: Fact or Fiction”: Midwifery Journal
“Chapter 20: The artistry and therapeutic practice of hypnotherapy” in Noble, C. and Day, E. (2016) Psychotherapy and counselling: Reflections on practice. South Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
- 2009 Authored 150 hour Distance Education Subject “Advanced Communication Strategies for Health Professionals” for NSW College of Nursing.
- 2001 Authored 150 hour Distance Education Package for Health Professionals on “Communication in Cancer Care” for NSW Cancer Council and NSW College of Nursing
- 2000 Chapter – Effective Communication for Mental Health Nursing Specialty for NSW College of Nursing