Early bird registrations are now open for the University-Community Engagement Conference 2015 (UCEC2015), co-hosted by Australian College of Applied Psychology and Universiti Sains Malaysia for the Asia-Pacific University-Community Engagement Network (APUCEN). The discounted rate will available until Monday 3rd August.
The theme of UCEC2015 is, “Enhancement and Innovations in University-Community Engagement”, with anyone involved in collaborations between tertiary education providers and the community, whether in service-learning, research, outreach, or curriculum design, encouraged to attend
Here are five good reasons to attend UCEC2015 from 1st – 3rd November on the Gold Coast:
- UCEC2015 is a fantastic opportunity to learn about and discuss community engagement in higher education, across different countries and cultures;
- Parallel sessions offer the chance to network with fellow scholars, policy makers and practitioners without missing out on your chosen sessions;
- Internationally-recognised keynote speakers active in university-community engagement: Professor Elias Mpofu, Head of Rehabilitation Counselling at the University of Sydney; and Professor Dato’ Dr. Omar Osman, Vice Chancellor at the Universiti Sains Malaysia;
- Attendees will be part of the first UCEC to be held in Australia,
- The warmth of the Gold Coast sun, the fine sand between your toes, and the sparkling blue water- all less than two minutes from the conference venue, Outrigger Surfers Paradise