Sydney: Effective Networking
The ACAP Alumni team is pleased to have Jo Muirhead present our next professional development session in Sydney on the topic of;
Date: Wednesday 31st January 2018
Times: 5.30pm to 6.00pm Registration, Refreshments & Networking
6.00pm to 8.30pm Presentation
Cost: Covered by ACAP
Booking Fee: $20 (see below for details)
Location: Level 12, 255 Elizabeth Street, Sydney
Registrations: Please see below
Jo's desciption of the workshop
8 Years ago when I started my Private Practice, I used to freeze when someone would ask me what I did. Usually an eloquent speaker, who has no trouble talking to clients, I would all of a sudden feel anxious, my tongue would stick to the roof of my mouth and I would trip over my words.
For some reason, I just expected that the answer to the question - 'What do you do' - would simply arrive in my mouth, in a clear, concise and compelling way.
Ahhhh nope -
Like CBT, ACT, coaching, and riding a bike, learning how to answer this question is a SKILL you can learn. All you need is a structure to start with and the opportunity to practice.
That's exactly what this 2.5 hours workshop will provide you with:
- learn how to answer this question in a way that is authentic to you, but answers the hidden questions that are really being asked.
- learn how to use your superpower of rapport building to turn this question into a conversation.
- practice your response until it becomes natural, comfortable and a part of you.
Who is this workshop for:
- Allied health professionals who want to be able to answer the question "what do you do" with clarity and confidence.
- Participants. This is a live practical workshop. This is not a sit and receive information workshop. Therefore you will be expected to participate.
- People who know the work they do is important and sometimes intense, yet want to have some fun learning new skill.
Jo Muirhead provides a range of career development and coaching services to professionals who are ready to explore change in their career and find the map towards career fulfillment. This may include helping them grow profitable and sustainable businesses through doing more of the work they love. To see more about Jo visit her website www.jomuirhead.com.
Jo believes that "Private Practice is the future of health care and the CHANGE in health care that we all need. This starts with empowering clinicians to know how to be a business owner while maintaining their integrity and skills as a clinician."
This will be a very interactive session where you will practice the networking skills Jo will cover in the first part of the session. Bring your business cards and get ready to network.
Registrations will be via Eventbrite and you will receive an email confirming your registration.