Associate Degree of Criminal Justice
About this course
Understand criminal behaviour. Lead a successful career in criminal justice.
You’re intrigued by criminal behaviour and want to know more about our justice system. Our Associate Degree of Criminal Justice gives you deep insight into why we think and act the way we do, and the impact our justice system has on people. Learn about criminal psychology, crime prevention, law enforcement and corrections services.
Gain an understanding of why people commit crimes and the importance of ethics and legal processes. Then graduate with the practical skills to successfully work in the criminal justice system.
This course has been accredited by the Navitas Professional Institute (NPI) under its self-accrediting authority.
What you'll learn
Expertise in human behaviour forms the foundation of all our courses including our Associate Degree of Criminal Justice.
Explore with an applied focus:
- Criminal justice systems (and their relationship to the wider community)
- An understanding of criminal behaviour, crime prevention and social control
See the complete course guide here.
16 core units
For more information see the full course guide
This course requires you to complete 16 units, all core. Core units are compulsory subjects required to complete your degree.
Meet one of the following criteria:
- Participate in a screening interview (typically by phone though online can be arranged if required); and
- Be 21 years or above at the date of commencement; or
- Completion of a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (or equivalent); or
- Completion of a Certificate IV or above (or equivalent); or
- Admission to an undergraduate degree at an Australian University (or equivalent)
Overseas qualifications must be deemed by ACAP as equivalent to Australian qualifications.
Please click here for information on Credit and Recognition of Prior Learning
Apply or find out more
Chat to one of our ACAP course advisors to make sure you’re picking the right course for your goals. Think about funding options, and whether full-time or part-time study suits your commitments. We’ve also got some entry requirements and practical components to complete.
Before you start studying at ACAP, check out the services and support available to students.
Feel free to get in touch with us
or contact us directly