Compulsory Workshops/Synchronous Sessions for Blended Delivery
Graduate Diploma of Counselling (GradDipCouns)
The Graduate Diploma of Counselling is offered on campus and in blended delivery mode. Blended delivery includes seven weeks of online teaching and five weeks of workshops delivered intensively on campus. The 2014 Training Standards of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) require 200 hours of person-to-person training in counselling and psychotherapy courses . The Graduate Diploma course meets these requirements via its blended learning model by providing students with 17 hours of compulsory on campus workshops and 7 hours of compulsory online synchronous sessions within each coursework unit. Please note, the units, Field Placement and Supervision 1 and 2 have no workshop requirements as students attend online via Blackboard Collaborate on a fortnightly basis (Field Placement and Supervision 1) or weekly (Field Placement and Supervision 2).
The schedule for workshops and online synchronous sessions for units taken by the blended delivery option can be found on the School of Counselling Class Timetables page.
* Please note that on campus components will not necessarily be offered at all locations in each term. This means that interstate travel may be required for some units over the duration of the course.
* Where it is intended to deliver a particular unit on a specific campus, it should be noted that this is dependent on enrolment numbers. Where a campus has insufficient numbers, the on-campus component may be delivered at another campus.
Workshop dates have been set factoring in the following considerations:
- Where the workshop activities and integration fits best in the sequence of material covered in the unit
- To optimise assessment preparation or presentations, and to avoid clashing with assessment due dates
- Reducing overlap with other units and courses where possible to optimise room availability
- Based on the schedule of a full time student following the unit sequence
- Elective workshops may coincide with T1 and T2 unit workshops. To avoid such clashes, students are advised to follow the course sequence as closely as possible and not enrol in electives prior to Term 3.