BESC2101 Organisational Theory
Bachelor Course Unit
Credit points: 6
In this unit students will learn to apply the concepts and related terminology of organisational theory to real world situations and to consider the positions of diverse stakeholder groups within organisations. Students will critically examine what are widely positioned within organisational theory as effective organisational practices, including those that are designed to motivate and increase the performance of employees, and the ways assertions of their effectiveness are substantiated. Implications for accountability and reciprocal relations between, on the one hand, the application of organisation theory and consequent organisational change and, on the other hand, well-being, health, safety and social justice for diverse stakeholder groups at individual, family, organisational, community and wider social levels will be considered.
On completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Apply the concepts and terminology of organisational theory to real-world situations
- Identify effective organisational practices and analyse the basis for their effectiveness
- Identify and apply key issues and processes in motivating employees and facilitating accountability and performance improvement
- Apply a range of effective management strategies for enhancing the performance of an organisation and its employees
- Analyse the impact of work stressors, work health and safety and other health and well-being issues on organisational efficiency
- Analyse the effect of change on an organisation and its employees
The workload for this unit is 9 hours per week.
The required text book for this unit can be found by viewing the Discipline of Counselling textbook list by selecting the course and trimester at the following link: http://www.acap.edu.au/current-students/managing-my-course/order-course-materials-and-text-books/
Ethical conduct and academic integrity and honesty are fundamental to the mission of ACAP. Academic misconduct will not be tolerated by the college. Please refer to the Academic Misconduct Policy for full details.
Unit information may be subject to change prior to the teaching trimester commencing. Once term has commenced please review the Unit Outline in your class space to ensure your trimester study plan is correct.