BESC3091 Project 2
Bachelor Course Unit
Credit points: 6
In Project 2, students will identify a topic of interest they would like to explore further, with the aim of identifying an opportunity for program development. This unit builds on the skills developed in JALE3924 - Mental Health and Criminal Justice. Students will undertake a literature review on their chosen topic to identify potential needs. With these needs in mind, students will develop a project plan to meet the needs of the target community. Students are required to present their project ideas to their peers at the conclusion of the unit.
On completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Source and systematically organise information from the literature relevant to the target community and program of choice;
- Demonstrate the development of a systematic, organised and structured plan relating to the development of a program or initiative to meet the needs of a specific target community;
- Critically evaluate the data required to effectively inform project design and implementation;
- Develop evaluation criteria for assessing the quality of the project outcomes;
- Demonstrate a high level of communication skills to communicate the project objectives, rationale, potential outcomes and overall value of the program
The workload for this unit is 9 hours per week.
The required text book for this unit can be found by viewing the School of Counselling textbook list by selecting the course and trimester at the following link: http://www.acap.edu.au/current-students/managing-my-course/order-course-materials-and-text-books/
Ethical conduct and academic integrity and honesty are fundamental to the mission of ACAP. Academic misconduct will not be tolerated by the college. Please refer to the Academic Misconduct Policy for full details.
Unit information may be subject to change prior to the teaching trimester commencing. Once term has commenced please review the Unit Outline in your class space to ensure your trimester study plan is correct.