- Sydney Graduation Ceremony: On the morning of Tuesday 28th November 2017 at the Wesley Conference Centre, Lower Ground, 220 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- Sydney Graduation Ceremony: Friday 16th March 2018
- Melbourne Graduation Ceremony: Friday 23rd March 2018
- Brisbane Graduation Ceremony: Friday 6th April 2018
- Adelaide Graduation Ceremony: Friday 13th April 2018
- Sydney Graduation Ceremony: Friday 16th November 2018
- Melbourne Graduation Ceremony: Friday 30th November 2018
On the day
Prior to the commencement of the ceremony
On the day of the ceremony you will need to register when you arrive at the venue.
You will then need to dress in the gown and colours of your school and your award. Once you are dressed you will have the opportunity to have professional photos taken with your friends and family if you wish.
You will then be asked to move into the graduation hall prior to the official commencement of the ceremony for a student briefing.
After the student briefing family, friends and guests will then be asked to enter the hall and be seated.
At the commencement of the ceremony
Graduands and guests will be asked to stand while the Academic Procession enters the Hall.
The ceremony begins with a Welcome to Country Address, followed by the Chief Executive Officer's Address.
Presentation of graduands and conferral of Academic Awards
The usual protocols to be followed for the conferrals of award are:
- The Associate Dean will ask the graduands of the respective discipline to stand.
- The Associate Dean recommends these graduands both present and in absentia to the Dean for conferral of their respective awards.
- The Dean will confer the awards on behalf of the Board of Directors.
- The Associate Dean presents the graduates one by one as they walk across the stage to the Dean who presents the award to the graduate, and shakes their hand. Please note your photo will be taken when you are shaking hands with the Dean.
- Gently shake the Dean’s hand with your right hand (unless your cultural or religious traditions prevent you from touching an un-related male);
- Take your award in your left hand;
- Move offstage as instructed at the briefing;
- Once offstage, follow the directions of the ceremony staff to return to the seating area.
College awards and scholarships and the Occasional Address
After the awards are conferred, College awards and scholarships are presented. The Master of Ceremonies will then invite the Guest Speaker to present their Occasional Address.
When the Guest Speaker concludes, the Master of Ceremonies will ask the graduates and guests to stand for the departure of the Academic Procession. The graduates will also be asked to join the Academic Procession as it leaves the hall. This is the conclusion of the ceremony.
Graduates and guests are invited to join staff for light refreshments at the conclusion of the ceremony. Graduates will also be required to return their academic dress prior to departing the venue.