We are so excited to welcome you to ACAP
We would like to thank you for choosing us and congratulations on making the leap into the world of ‘study’.
Attending the ACAP orientation sessions is a great first step and will help you with the transition into college life (whether you’re a first timer or a seasoned student).
All the new students will receive an email reminder to register for orientation when it is open.
General Orientation Sessions:
We suggest that all students should attend a General Orientation session which covers off all the essential information you need for a successful start at ACAP including:
- Key contacts and where to get help
- Simple guides on accessing the student portal and class spaces
- Where and when to get help from Student Counsellors, Student Learning Support and AccessAbiliy service
- Understand the Academic Calendar which has key dates to help stay on track
- Tips to set yourself up for successful study, including setting up your study workspace and managing your time effectively.
Discipline Orientation Sessions:
Attending a Discipline session helps you get more information, specific to your course. At this orientation session you get the opportunity to:
- Meet key Academic staff from your discipline
- Learn more on how your course will run, study expectations, preparing for exams and who to call on for help.
- Also there is a Q&A at the end.
There is a mandatory Orientation session which the international students are required to attend.
All International students need to attend the three different ACAP Orientation sessions prior to the study week - General, Course specific, and International Students session. An email will be sent to your ACAP student email address informing you of the details of this additional orientation session.
A Warm Welcome from the Dean
Useful Links and Information:
Click an option below for more detailed information