Research Grants: NPI Small Research Grants Scheme (SRG)
The NPI Small Research Grants (SRG) scheme is available to permanent NPI staff. The grants aim to enhance and develop a culture of research within NPI by providing:
- seed funding for projects for recently appointed staff;
- funding for staff who have previously not been active in research or who are at an early stage in their research career;
- funding for small projects that are expected to form the basis of application(s) for external funding support;
- funding for research that will result in the submission of a manuscript or manuscripts for publication;
- funding to support cross-School collaborative research and research involving collaborations with community partners.
The maximum amount that can be requested for any research project is $10,000. Funding may be used for a range of purposes including, but not restricted to, purchase of software and equipment, research assistance, consumables, and participant incentives / reimbursement.
Applications are evaluated on the basis of:
- Justification of the project in terms of previous literature and appropriate research methodology with aims and objectives achievable in the time frame available (Research Merit);
- Demonstrated need for funding to conduct the research (Funding Need);
- Identification of research outputs that are consistent with the aims of the scheme (Project Coherence)
NPI SRGs are awarded for a maximum period of two years with grant rounds open each year. Funding of any project requiring human research participation is contingent on approval from an NHMRC registered Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC).
Applications for the NPI SRG Scheme are requested annually by closing date of 31 May.