Governance and Structure
The governance framework for the Navitas Professional Institute Pty Ltd (NPI) trading as Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) is set out below:
The Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is the Corporate Governing Body of the Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP), with overall responsibility for the College, including its finances, strategic direction and governance.
The Directors are:
- Dr Peter Ryan - Independent Chair
- Mr Joseph Anthonysz - CEO, Careers & Industry
- Ms Lucy Schulz - EGM, Human Services & Business
- Mr Lee Aitken - EGM, Creative Industries
The Academic Board
The Board of Directors has delegated to ACAP’s Academic Board responsibility for the oversight of academic matters. While the Academic Board reports to the Board of Directors, its consideration of academic matters is conducted separately from meetings of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors has delegated to the Academic Board authority to form the following committees to assist it in the discharge its functions:
- Learning and Teaching Committee (LTC)
- Research and Scholarship Committee (RSC)
- Student-Staff Consultative Committees (SSCC)
The following standing committees of Academic Board report through the LTC:
- Courses Committees
- Assessment Panels
- Student Progression Panels
- External Examiners Panel
The Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) as a standing committee of Academic Board reports through the RSC.
The Course Approval Committee is a non-standing committee of Academic Board.
For further information about the governance of ACAP, including the Board of Directors, Academic Board, and their respective standing committees, please contact:
ACAP Quality, Regulation and Risk Team
The College has an Executive Management Team under the leadership of the Chief Executive Officer.
The Executive Management Team has the following members:
- Chief Executive Officer, Mr George Garrop
- Dean & Director of Academic Services, Dr Craig Ellis
- Director of Operations, Ms Joanne Ford
- Commercial Finance Manager, Ms Kelly Colless
- Director of Sales & Admissions, Ms Leah Cobble
- Director of Marketing & Brand, Ms Deborah Chegwidden
- Campus Manager – Adelaide, Mr Peter Boman
- Campus Manager – Brisbane, Ms Jane McPhee
- Campus Manager – Melbourne, Dr Andrew O'Brien
- Campus Manager – Perth, Dr Shirley Bode
- Campus Manager – Sydney, Ms Celina Baude
ACAP Management and the Directorate of Academic Services are identified in the respective organisational charts.