Fiona is an endorsed Clinical Psychologist, with Board-Approved Supervisor status. She runs a private practice and sees adolescent and adult clients with a wide variety of clinical presentations. Fiona has a special interest in Borderline Personality Disorder and Complex Trauma. She is trained to provide Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and Schema Therapy. She also regularly provides clinical supervision to Provisional Psychologists, Clinical Psychology Registrars and Registered Psychologists within her practice.
Fiona has a long-standing interest in teaching and supervision. She previously taught at the University of Wollongong over a period of six years, which included subject coordination and lecturing for 300-level and Honours students. She also coordinated a course and delivered lectures in Applied Psychology at the Singapore Institute of Management. Her PhD focuses on improving methods of teaching and skill development in clinical supervision. In 2018, Fiona was awarded the Freestone Clinical Psychology Award in Recognition of Being an Outstanding Clinical Practitioner during her doctoral training.
Fiona is passionate about supporting student growth and development. She has a warm and collaborative supervision style.
Fiona has conducted research in the areas of Dementia, Substance Use Disorders, Eating Disorders and Clinical Supervision & Training for Psychologists.
- Competency-based models of supervision and training in psychology
- Schema Therapy
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Gonsalvez, C. J. & Calvert, F. L. (2014). Competency-based models of supervision: Principles and applications, promises and challenges. Australian Psychologist, 49, 200-208.
- Calvert, Fiona. L., Crowe, Trevor, P., & Grenyer, Brin F. S. (2016). Dialogical reflexivity in supervision: An experiential learning process for enhancing reflective and relational competencies. The Clinical Supervisor, 35(1), 1-21. doi: 10.1080/07325223.2015.1135840
- Brockman, R. N. & Calvert, F. L. (2017). Imagery rescripting for PTSD and personality disorders: Theory and application. Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy, 47(1), 22-30. doi: 10.1007/s10879-016-9329-4
- Calvert, Fiona. L., Crowe, Trevor, P., & Grenyer, Brin F. S. (2017). An investigation of supervisory practices to develop relational and reflective competence in psychologists. Australian Psychologist, 52(6), 467–479. doi: 10.1111/ap.12261
- Calvert, F., Smith, E., Brockman, R. & Simpson, S. (2018). Group schema therapy for eating disorders: Study protocol. Journal of Eating Disorders, 6(1), 1-7. doi: 10.1186/s40337-017-0185-8
- Calvert, Fiona. L., Deane, Frank. P., Crowe, Trevor, P., & Grenyer, Brin F. S. (in press). Supervisor perceptions of relational competence: Core components and developmental considerations. Training and Education in Professional Psychology
- Calvert, Fiona. L., Deane, Frank. P., & Grenyer, Brin F. S. (in press). Supervisee perspectives on the use of metacommunication in supervision. Psychotherapy Research
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Member of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- Member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA)
- Endorsed Clinical Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Board-approved supervisor with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)