Research Grants: NPI Small Research Grants Scheme (SRG)
The ACAP Small Research Grants (SRG) scheme is available to permanent ACAP staff. The grants aim to enhance and develop a culture of research within ACAP by providing:
- seed funding for projects for recently appointed staff;
- start-up funding for staff who have previously not been active in research or who are at an early stage in their research career;
- funding for small projects that are expected to form the basis of application(s) for external funding support;
- funding for research that will result in the submission of a manuscript or manuscripts for publication;
- funding to support cross-discipline collaborative research and research involving collaborations with community partners.
The maximum total amount of funding available in the 2019 round is $50,000, and the maximum amount that can be requested for any individual research project is $10,000. Funding may be used for a range of purposes including, but not restricted to, purchase of software and equipment, research assistance, consumables, and participant incentives / reimbursement. The grants cannot be used to support the research undertaken by staff as part of enrolment in courses, either at ACAP or another higher education provider. In addition, it cannot be used to support the preparation of publications based on previously conducted research.
Grants are awarded based on merit. Applications are evaluated on the basis of:
- Justification of the project in terms of previous literature and appropriate research methodology with aims and objectives achievable in the time frame available (Research Merit);
- Demonstrated need for funding to conduct the research (Funding Need);
- Identification of research outputs that are consistent with the aims of the scheme (Project Coherence)
ACAP SRGs are awarded for a maximum period of two years with grant rounds open each year. Funding of any project requiring human research participation is contingent on approval from an NHMRC registered Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC).
Applications for the 2019 ACAP SRG Scheme are requested for submission to Chair, Research and Scholarship Committee at email@example.com by closing date of 31 May 2019.
You can download the Small Research Grant Progress Report here.