Dr Ilona McNeillLecturer
Dr Ilona McNeill joined ACAP in mid-2021 as a 0.6fte lecturer. She currently spends the remaining 0.4fte working as a Research Fellow in psychology at The University of Melbourne, a position she has held since 2014.
Ilona completed her Master of Science degree in Social and Organizational Psychology at Leiden University in the Netherlands in 2005. This was followed by a PhD in Psychology at the University of Amsterdam, which she completed in 2011. After completion of her PhD, Ilona moved to Perth, WA to take up a Research Fellow position in Psychology at the University of Western Australia for a couple of years before taking up her current position at the University of Melbourne in 2014.
Prior to joining ACAP, Ilona taught units on Advanced Quantitative Methods and Measurement Development at Swinburne University as well as units on Personality and Social Psychology at the University of Melbourne.
In 2021, Ilona will be coordinating the following units:
- T2 – PSYC2172 Stress, Trauma, and Resilience
- T3 – PSYC3222 Applying Psychological Science to Everyday Life
Low carbon behaviours
Preventative health behaviours
Anxiety, worry, and indecisiveness
HDR Research Supervision (current and completed)
- Stephanie Rizio (current; PhD – Psychology). Perceptions of the economy and environmental attitudes.
- Yinghui Cao (2017 completion; PhD – Geography). Developing a GIS-based personalised bushfire risk and warning communication tool.
- Andrew Chapman (2019 completion; MPsych/PhD – Psychology). Understanding community and community understanding: Building towards preparedness.