Doctor of Education (Queensland University of Technology)
Master of Educational Studies (University of Queensland)
Bachelor of Educational Studies (University of Queensland) Diploma of Teaching Primary and Preschool (Brisbane College of Advanced Education)
Professor Margaret Carter commenced at ACAP in 2019. Before coming to ACAP Margaret was employed at James Cook University where she lectured since 2010, first in Singapore as a Senior Lecturer in Education (2010-2013) and then Australia as a Senior Lecturer in Education and then Associate Professor (2017-2018). Prior to this, Margaret was a School Guidance Counsellor at Brisbane Catholic Education (2010), the CEO of M.A. Carter Consultancy (1999-2009), District Guidance Counsellor Brisbane Catholic Education (1994-1999), Special Education Consultant Brisbane Catholic Education (1989-1994) and a pre-school teacher (1980-1988).
Margaret completed a Diploma of Teaching Primary and Preschool at Brisbane College of Advanced Education, a Bachelor of Educational Studies and Master of Educational Studies at University of Queensland and Doctor of Education at Queensland University of Technology.
Margaret is a registered Guidance Counselling Professional with the Australia Counselling Association.
Doctoral Supervision Current
- Exploring meaningful student engagement through teaching academics’ nuanced practices in contemporary university environments: A North Queensland study (PhD Primary Advisor)
- Building Capacities of Higher Education Professional Staff within the Current Neoliberal Environment: case studies of regional universities in Australia (PhD Primary Advisor; Mixed methods research)
- Current Wellbeing of Visual Art Students in Australia: Cultivating Wellbeing Through Tertiary Teaching Strategies (PhD Primary Advisor)
- Sustainable Practices that Positively Influence a Wellbeing Culture in Schools (PhD Primary Advisor; Mixed Methods Research)
- The Art of Wellbeing in the Classroom (PhD Secondary Advisor)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Familial Suicides; Learning’s from Families and Kinship about the Healing Journey (PhD Secondary Advisor; Qualitative research)
- Perceptions of Parents Engagement: What is Parental Engagement and What does it mean to Parents? What is the Role of teachers and How do they influence parental engagement (PhD Secondary Advisor; Mixed Methods Research)