Latest information about COVID-19

How to get a copy of your Senior High School records

To apply for VET FEE-HELP you need to supply a copy of your Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE) to prove your eligibility.

SSCE is the general term used for secondary school or vocational education and training qualifications, as issued by your state or territory government (see below). Copies or transcripts of exam results don’t qualify; your certificate itself is required to submit an application for VET FEE-HELP.

Recent Year 12 graduates receive their certificate in the mail before the end of the January following final exams.

Have you misplaced your certificate?

If you don’t have your Senior Secondary Certificate of Education, see below for links to information about obtaining a copy of your qualifications, according to the state or territory where you completed high school.

ACT Senior Secondary Certificate

Contact the ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies to retrieve Year 12 Certificates, Tertiary Entrance Statements and Vocational Qualifications if you completed high school in the ACT after 1976. If your qualifications pre-date 1976, telephone the NSW Board of Studies, Administration Branch on (02) 9367 8111. Contact by email is available at

Northern Territory Certificate of Education (NTCE)

Contact the Northern Territory Board of Studies to apply for your high school documentation if acquired since 1996. If you graduated from high school in the Northern Territory prior to 1996, click here. Email for further assistance.

Higher School Certificate (HSC)

For a replacement copy of your HSC if completed in New South Wales from 1967 onwards, go to the Board of Studies NSW webpage to download an application form. Email or telephone (02) 9367 8111 with related enquiries.

Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE)

To have your QCE reissued if obtained since 1973, see the contact details on the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority webpage. Details for retrieving academic records prior to 1973 are also provided on the above link. Alternatively, you can email for assistance.

South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE)

To receive a replacement statement or certificate for secondary high school qualifications obtained since 1970 in South Australia, download an application form from the Senior Secondary Assessment Board of South Australia or email to have your enquiry directed.

Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE)

Replacement or duplicate certificates for the TCE or its prior equivalent (to 2009), may be ordered from the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority by downloading an application form. Enquiries may be emailed to

Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)

Contact the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority for a replacement copy of your VCE (or its equivalent, if issued prior to 1987), or email

Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)

If you completed the WACE, or its equivalent, download the form ‘Application for a copy of results with BPAY_BPOINT’ from the School Curriculum and Standards Authority, to have your graduation documents reissued. Available records date back to 1976. Direct email enquiries to

I didn’t complete the SSCE, will I still be eligible for VET FEE-HELP?

Yes. If you did not complete the SSCE, you will be eligible for VET FEE-HELP after successfully completing the entry assessment. Competency is required in literacy and numeracy at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF).

Please contact us on 1800 061 199 to find out more about alternative eligibility.