Trained as a psychotherapist and career development practitioner, Timothy has been involved in the field of counselling for over 2 decades. He now teaches in ACAP as a Lecturer across the various counselling programmes at the Adelaide campus since 2016.
Before joining ACAP, he was instrumental in training a new generation of career practitioners in Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand as a Master Trainer in career development through his Singapore company Abundanz Consulting (2015 onwards). Prior to this, he established the counselling service at Singapore Management University (SMU) and was subsequently appointed as the Centre Director of the Student Wellness Centre there (2003-2015). Additionally, he also taught as a sessional educator at James Cook University (Singapore campus) & the School of Social Sciences at SMU (2006 to 2015).
Tim is the Founding President of the Career Development Association of Singapore, a member of the editorial board of the Asia Pacific Career Development Journal and advisory board member of the Mrs Wong Kwok Leong Student Wellness Centre at SMU.
- Year 3 Coordinator, Bachelor of Counselling
- Counselling units across Grad. Dip and Master’s Counselling courses
Career Development and Management
Work and jobs in the 21st Century
Industry 4.0 -> 5.0
Professional Affiliations and Fellowships
Professional Service Activities
June 2018 onwards
- President, Career Development Association of Singapore (CDAS)
- Founded, organised and launched CDAS in 2018 to spearhead the growth of career development practice in Singapore.
- Collaborate with Industry Unions and sectors to embrace career development as a key strategy to build workforce capability.
- Facilitate the growth of career development knowledge
August 2018 onwards
- Member, Workforce Singapore Career Development Credential Panel
- Review and approve credential applications
Aug 2017 to present
- Member of Editorial Board, Asia Pacific Career Development Journal
Oct 2020 to present
- Member of Editorial Board, Psychotherapy and Counselling Journal of Australia
2018 Outstanding Educator of Career Professionals Award (2018), Asia Pacific Career Development Association
- This award recognises professors and instructors of career development who have devoted their lives to the development of other career professionals.
2017 Emerging Leader Scholarship (2017), Asia Pacific Career Development Association
- Recipient of APCDA’s 2017 Emerging Leader Scholarship – given to new graduates who show great potential to improve career services in their home countries.
2013 Singapore National Day Commendation Medal
- Recipient of national award for commendable performance, conduct, competence and devotion to duty in the field of Higher Education.
2013 Dean’s Teaching Honour List – Top 10 Adjunct Faculty
- Recipient of award in recognition for excellent teaching performance in Academic Year, 2012-13.