Graduate Certificate in Applied Science Statistics, Swinburne University
MBA, RMIT University
Honours Degree, Bachelor of Arts, Social Work and Social Policy, Victoria University Diploma of Transport Management, Monash University
Iris is an experienced and motivated professional with a proven achievement record in the development and delivery of professional educational training, strategic management, operational management and systems development including internal policy and procedures development, quality compliance, service development, research, evaluation and community development areas.
She has a national and international perspective of the social work profession in the fields of aged, disability, international aid and development. She has worked in the not-for-profit, private and public sectors. Strongly motivated by humanitarian ideals, she strives to translate acquired knowledge and skills into a holistic, strength-based leadership style that motivates people instilling cooperation, building capacity and creating a sense of common purpose.
Research and Scholarship
Key responsibilities and achievements in research include:
- Co-design and implementation of research project exploring the impact of Compulsory Competitive Tendering on users of aged and disability industry
- Provided project planning, management, financial reporting and formal reporting to government, to reference committee & other stakeholders
- Applied complex comparative qualitative research
- Effectively deployed a range of methodologies
- Delivered seminars and conference papers to a range of audiences
- Liaised with stakeholders at all levels including senior government officials, research partners and foundations, universities, and communities