Research produced by ACAP staff and students is a cornerstone of who we are.
The College supports research and scholarship excellence among students and research active academic staff with a number of strategies. The key areas of focus are:
- Research grants and contracts
- Management of student research activities
- Research development services
To deliver definable outcomes such as:
- High quality publications
- Continual improvement in competitive research funding schemes
- High impact contract research
The ACAP Research Funding Support Framework has been put in place to support the research activities of research active staff (defined in the Research Policy) and students undertaking research projects as part of their studies. The Framework currently includes the following provisions for research active staff:
- Commencement Support: This is available to provide support for the purchase of software or equipment required for the conduct of research for newly appointed research active staff. Applications may be submitted at any time.
- Small Research Grants Scheme: This is available to provide support for the conduct of research by research active staff. Applications are due on 31 May each year.
- Conference Travel Grant: This is available to support attendance at national or international conferences related to research activity of research active staff. Applications are due on 1 April, 1 July and 1 October each year.
- Publication Support: This is available to provide financial assistance to publish in open access journals. Applications are due on 1 April, 1 July and 1 October each year.
Students enrolled in Honours and Masters courses undertaking research projects representing at least 25% of the content of the program are eligible to apply for funding to support the conduct of their research: 2 of 8.
- Research Grants Scheme: This provides an allowance for students completing research projects of $400 for Honours program and $500 for Masters program students. This is currently only applicable to the BPsychSc(H) and MPsych(Clin) programs.
- Dissemination Grants: This provides a grant of up to $500 per students towards the cost of disseminating the findings of their research projects either through conference presentations or publications. This is currently only applicable to the BPsychSc(H) and MPsych(Clin) programs. Applications are due on 1 April, 1 July and 1 October each year.
If are you within the ACAP community and wish to apply for Research Funding Support, please click here for further information about the types of funding available and application processes. The Research Funding Application Form can also be accessed by clicking here. Completed forms can be submitted to acap.resear[email protected].
For any queries regarding the Research Funding Support Framework, please contact Chair, Research and Scholarship Committee at [email protected]