PhD in Applied Psychology
Vicki joined the ACAP Melbourne campus in 2013. In 2022, Vicki was promoted to the Discipline Chair of Counselling and also is the Course Coordinator of the Graduate Diploma of Counselling.
After working in the health and community sectors as a counsellor, crisis counsellor and group facilitator, Vicki moved into teaching and research at Monash University while completing her PhD in Applied Psychology.
She has worked on research projects in the areas of mental health, quality of life, HIV and AIDS, stigma and discrimination, social cohesion, racism and cyber-racism.
Vicki remains a long-term counsellor at Southway Counselling Centre, a service established more than 20 years ago to provide affordable counselling to the community.
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia
- Australian Lesbian and Gay Association
- Australian Centre on Quality of Life
- Mental Health Professional Network
- Australasian Animal Studies Association
- The International Society for Anthrozoology
- Animals and Society Institute