Orientation: Essential Information
REGISTER FOR ORIENTATION
You can now register for Trimester 3 orientation week, which commences on Monday 11 September 2023. You will need to enter your Student ID and select your campus from the drop down menu on the form (after you click on the 'REGISTER NOW' button below).
General Session (Online or On Campus)
Discipline Session (Online)
International Student Session (Online) - if applicable
We are beyond excited to be part of your student experience, and your journey begins with orientation! Attending ACAP orientation is a crucial step in your educational success and helping you transition into College life. Orientation is a great opportunity to get prepared for your studies, meet all the key ACAP team members who can assist you on your journey and have all your questions answered. You will learn about what you need, the support services available to you plus much more. We look forward to seeing you on campus or online!
ACAP students who have completed their enrolment will be emailed an invitation to register for orientation sessions. Newly enrolled ACAP students have two or more orientation sessions to participate in. These include a General Orientation Session and a Course/Discipline Specific Session. International students also need to attend a mandatory International Student Specific Session.
All orientation sessions are hosted online, via Zoom. Links to join sessions will be emailed to students who have completed their registration. If you have not received emails about orientation by 1 September, or you have questions or concerns, please email Student Engagement.
It is highly recommended for all students to attend the General Orientation Sessions. This is where you’ll receive essential information for a smooth start at ACAP, including:
- Key contacts and where to get help when you need it.
- Simple guides on accessing the student portal and class spaces.
- Where and when to get help from our Counselling, Student Learning Support, and AccessAbility services.
- The Academic Calendar which has key dates to help you stay on track.
- Tips to set yourself up for successful study, including setting up your study workspace and managing your time effectively.
Students will receive a welcome email containing information about orientation.
Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice students
Please note: instructions on accessing your specific orientation session can be found in your welcome email and there is no need to register ahead of time.
COME ON CAMPUS!
Open the doors to your local campus for a fun and information-filled few hours. Not only will you meet your peers, academics and local support staff, you will also be able to take a tour of the campus and enjoy the refreshments provided. You'll receive a goodie bag to take home and have a chance to win an Officeworks voucher by joining the lucky door prize! You can also attend the general orientation session which will stream on campus.
We strongly encourage all students to come and experience the campus in orientation week.
ON CAMPUS ORIENTATION SESSIONS (listed in local time):
Adelaide - Wednesday 13 September, 10am - 1:30pm
Sydney - Thursday 14 September, 10am - 1:30pm
Perth - Friday 15 September, 10am - 1:30pm
Melbourne - Friday 15 September, 10am - 2pm
general Orientation Sessions
In addition to the on campus option, there are three online general sessions times you can choose from, if you’d prefer to attend this session online. You can find the date and time of your on campus session on the registration form (a link to this form will be emailed to you). The online general sessions times are:
Note: online sessions are noted in NSW/VIC (AEST) time.
Discipline Orientation Sessions
A Discipline Specific Orientation Session will provide you with more course-specific and detailed information relevant to your course. You will be emailed a link at least a week before your Orientation Sessions are held.
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) students, your ‘Discipline Specific Session’ is compulsory. We highly recommend that you register and attend a ‘General Orientation Session’ too.
At your Discipline-Specific Session, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Meet Academic staff from your discipline.
- Learn about how your course will run, study expectations, preparing for exams and who to ask for help.
There’ll also be time for Q&A at the end of each session.
Our international students have an additional orientation session that is mandatory to attend. This session has been designed specifically for international students and includes all of the essential information you need while studying on a student visa in Australia. The session includes information on:
- Support services that will help you adjust to life in Australia
- English language and study assistance programs
- Legal services
- Emergency and health services
- Information about ACAP and the campus facilities available to you as a student
- Information about the Student Complaints and Appeals Policy
This is a 1-hour session held online on Wednesday 13 September from 10:30am.
WELCOME FROM THE DEAN