The ACAP Psychology Clinic is committed to providing evidence-based assessments and treatment for the community at affordable rates. Services we offer are listed below.
Individual therapy for adults
- Anxiety disorders, including specific phobia, social anxiety, generalised anxiety, obsessive-compulsive behaviours, and panic disorder
- Mood disorders
- Food and eating problems
- ADHD management
- Sleep problems
- Adjusting to life changes, divorce/separation, chronic and terminal illness, grief and bereavement, and workplace change
- Making lifestyle changes in areas including weight management, exercise adherence, smoking cessation
- Self-esteem, anger management, assertiveness and communication
Therapeutic intervention for children, adolescents and families addressing a range of concerns including:
- Anger management
- Behavioural problems, including disruptive and oppositional behavior as well as attention deficit
- Assertiveness and communication
- Parenting training
Psychometric Assessments for Adults
- The Clinic offers psychometric assessment for adults experiencing problems with cognitive function.
- These assessments are useful for identifying areas of concern and assist in directing recommendations for strategies to improve academic, occupational and general day to day functioning.
Psychometric Assessments for Children & Adolescents
- The ACAP Psychology Clinic offers psychometric assessments for children who experience intellectual, developmental and emotional problems. These assessments may complement therapy and assist in directing recommendations for parenting strategies, education, and general behaviour.
- We are unable to provide assessment for ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder).