Services and Support
ACAP offer academic skills, information literacy, research skills and study skills support through a range of activities and resources such as on-campus workshops and online webinars, online resources and information via the Learning Support website, individual learning support appointments, PASS (Peer Assisted Study Sessions) led by academically high achieving students, online assignment feedback services that provide personalised assignment feedback within 48 hours, as well as a blend of specific activities for those transitioning into the College or through their course.
Further information can be found at ACAP's student learning support website.
The ACAP library provides services and resources to support and enhance learning on campus and by online delivery. In addition to book collections at each campus, library eResources include thousands of ebooks, journal databases and over 300 hours of counselling and therapy video. Library facilities also include quiet study areas, PCs, printing and photocopying, and wi-fi. A postal lending service is available for students studying all units or modules by online delivery. For further information, click here.
The online student portal can be found at my.navitas-professional.edu.au, and provides students with access to their online class spaces, online enrolment, student webmail, as well as their academic grades and personal information.
For user guides, IT policies and the technical support, click here.
ACAP’s Counselling Support Service is professional, confidential and free for all ACAP students. Counselling sessions are available on a short-term basis to assist students with a range of issues. For more information, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AccessAbility provides the services that ACAP students with a disability need to have an equal opportunity to successfully complete their studies. Some of the provisions AccessAbility provides include:
- note takers and coaches
- exam support and flexibility with assignment deadlines
- physical supports around campus
- one-on-one advocacy and case management support.
Click here to find out more.
- Student Services & Student Administration - speak to a student services representative at your campus or online
- Information for commencing students – includes information on orientation, workload, key contacts and other essential links.
- Student Learning Support – mini site with study tips, workshops and webinars (for example, academic skills), and written resources for study, assignment writing and referencing.